REVIEW : REVLON Colorburst Matte Balm in Showy

by - Monday, June 23, 2014

Hey hey! I'm back with another review. After super hectic weeks doing my thesis and part-time job as a lecturer assistant,  I can finally have a proper sleep and a day off lol.  OK, so today's review is a lip product that has been a hit lately, and also loved by pretty much everyone LOL. If you stroll around at malls or department stores,you might have seen this ad featuring the beautiful Gwen Stacy a.k.a Emma Stone



revlon colorburst ad


YES, It's REVLON Colorburst Matte Balm!! Following the success of their previous crayon lipcolor : Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (now Colorburst Balm Stain) , REVLON just launched Colorburst Matte Balm and Lacquer Balm as the new part of their Crayon Collection. I've been eyeing on this since I saw this at REVLON counter, but I held myself because I had spent too much money on shopping T__T 


But one day I swatched the testers at Watsons without any intention to buy, and guess what? I finally took one to the cashier. *pulls hair*




20140608_105938



REVLON COLORBURST MATTE BALM
(description taken from REVLON's official website)

Velvety Matte Look. Moisture Rich Balm
A Matte finish that’s beyond plush. Balm that’s beyond comforting. Our Triple Butter Complex of Shea, Coconut and Mango butters nourishes lips. In 10 collectible, craveable colors. 




It's packaged in a marker-like plastic tube, similar to another versions of REVLON Colorburst balm. The difference lies on the material surface, indicating the lipcolor's finish. The original balm stain has the usual glossy plastic packaging, the Lacquer balms has shiny-almost metalic packaging, while the matte ones has... well, matte packaging xD. It's slim and doesn't take much space in my cosmetic bag, also it's easy and comfortable to grip, just like holding a pencil!


20140608_110233

Open the cap, OH IT'S A CRAYON!!
20140608_110206
See, it looks exactly like a crayon doesn't it?? I probably need to hide it from my kids (If I have any xD) because I'm pretty sure they will mistake it for a real crayon and will use it to color their drawings. OK that's extreme LOL.



20140608_110253
You don't need sharpener to sharpen the crayon actually,  just twist the silver cap located at the bottom of the tube to dispense the product. But the sharp tip will get blunt and short over time, and I hate blunt, rounded lipsticks >_< So I avoid using the tip and just use the side part only hahaha

 20140608_110336


Talking about the color, Showy is a bright, blue-toned bubble gum pink that is sooo Barbie-like. Not a safe color choice for me, but I got a little bored on my liptints, plus I don't have many lipstick (I'm not really a lipstick person)  so I decided to try something different. I only wear this on special ocassion or when I go out at night. No way I would wear this bright pink under the sunlight, I just don't have the confidence LOL

The color looks warmer on my hand, but on me it looks brighter and cooler. Please note that this might look different on each person, depends on your skin undertone and lightness.


As expected from matte lippies, it's truly pigmented and it covers my lips well, the color is so 'showy', isn't it?? I love that despite being matte, it still looks really natural, not an overly matte that makes you look dead x_x




What would come out in your head the first time you think about matte lipstick? Drying? Make your lips chapped and look like a cracked ground in the middle of dry season?

But REVLON promises that this matte balm would moisturize lips as if we're using a lipbalm, and I would say those claims are TRUE!! It glides very easily on lips, no draggy feeling, super smooth and  it feels exaclty like a lipbalm. I said so because it feels light (you must have known that 'heavy' and 'clinging' feeling when you're wearing a lipstick, right?) and minty! Yes, it has minty flavor like a mint gum or something, leaving a bit of cooling sensation when you first apply it on your lips, but it will fade after a while for sure.

No matter how much it says it's not drying, it's still a matte lipstick,  it will still enhance the dry patches on your lips, so make sure your lips are exfoliated and free of dry flakes before using this. 


As for the staying power, it stays well on me for a few hours or so, but it fades instantly after a heavy meal, especially if I eat oily food. But I don't mind reapplying it over and over though lol Usually most lipsticks or liptints I wear only look good for a few hours, and after that my lips will crack >_> But this one stays well without making my lips look like a cracked ground in the middle of dry season, good job ^O^


Here are some portrait pictures for your reference, so you can see how the color looks like on a skintone like mine. I have Asian skintone so obviously I'm yellow, but I'm not sure  whether I'm warm or cool lol




20140610_124441

So let's sum it up!

PROS:
* Nice packaging
* Balm-like texture : lightweight, smooth and feels comfortable on lips
* Has nice minty scent and flavor
* Doesn't make lips look chappy
* Amazing pigmentation
* Easy to get, available at most drugstores and Department Stores (Guardian, Watsons, STAR, SOGO, etc)
* The price is just right ( Not too high, not cheap either - about IDR 88k)
* Travel friendly
* Stays for a long time - without eating


CONS:

- The minty scent might be a turn off for some people
- Disappear after a meal 




RATING

4.5/5


lipswatch 3 


Overall I'm really satisfied an impressed with this cute crayon! I think it will make a great substitute for lipsticks too. The formula is amazing, I love how it feels on my lips and the color looks lovely too. I have nothing to complain about. This is an impulse purchase that I do not regret lol





If you haven't tried it, you should! xDDD





So, see you on my next post,




You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. Waarnanya cantik.. Cantik banget di kamu..
    Nice product(^3^)

    loveellentan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. kyaa cakeeepp amat makin hari :D
    warna pink nya bagus ya.. pigmented pulaa ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kyaaa bisa aja kak dew ^_^
      Iya bagus, aku juga demen nih hihihi

      Delete
  3. warnanya pas buat kulitmu, kalau untuk yang warm tan skin pasti jadinya gak sebagus ini, hehe :) please folback yaaa

    http://gleamingdiamante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^ tapi kayanya kalo di kulit gelap juga bagus deh, kaya kulitnya Kim Kardashian ato Farah Quinn gitu, warna lipsticknya lebih stand out jadinya hehe

      OK, will do :))

      Delete
  4. nice color,
    pengen warna inii
    thanks for sharing

    impiccha

    ReplyDelete
  5. kalo jalan - jalan pake lipsticknye ye makk.. hahahaha
    eh btw folbek blog eyke dong maakkk ;) *kedipkedipmata*

    ✿ Kawaii Fuku ✿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahh iye mak.. eh bukankah aku sudah follow blog mu dari pertama kali mak? Bentar gw coba follow lagi

      Delete
  6. Usefull banget review nya.. thank you ya.. kayanya bakal beli deh dengan shade berbeda :)
    Oya, follow back blog aku ya

    http://niasyaca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usefull banget review nya.. thank you ya.. kayanya bakal beli deh dengan shade berbeda :)
    Oya, follow back blog aku ya

    http://niasyaca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Anonymous with hateful comments & spams will be deleted

Instagram