REVIEW : Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream

by - Tuesday, July 07, 2015


Hi! It's been so long since my last review, so I'm bringing you a new stuff today : CANMAKE Perfect Serum BB Cream!


So I was in search for a good BB Cream beacuse my Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream has run out for so long and I decided to not repurchase, so my decision falls on Canmake. This is the first Japanese BB Cream I have ever tried, the ones I had before were Korean and local BB Cream, so I get a little excited lol.


If you haven't heard, Canmake is a popular Japanese cosmetic brand. Despite being a drugstore brand with affordable price, Canmake has a great quality so no wonder it is very much loved by girls in Japan. Ever since Canmake is available in Indonesia, I've been eyeing on a few items and this is one of them. I'm glad that I choose Canmake this time. It was really a perfect decision. Now I understand why Canmake is so popular, I have tried some of their products, including this one, and they're indeed great!


So let's just jump to the review!




The BB cream born from beauty serum ☆ You can care for your skin just by applying it. Contains 21 types of beautifying ingredients. Natural, yet with superb coverage ♥ SPF50 & PA+++, with a formulation that's gentle on your skin ♥ A skincare product that reduces the effect of the sun's rays and acts as a foundation with sheer coverage! 

Beauty lotion, beauty serum and face-pack
BB beauty serum face-pack!!! Contains 21 types of beautifying ingredients, specially chosen for their skincare effects!!!
● The springy cream containing beautifying ingredients clings tightly to the skin! While you are applying it, the cream is caring for your skin!

Contains 21 types of beautifying and moisturizing ingredients
Hyaluronic acid, collagen, ceramides, royal jelly extract, witch-hazel extract, arbutin, Job's tears extract,
Saxifraga stolonifera extract, aloe vera extract, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, artichoke leaf extract, cherry leaf extract,
prune resolvent, seaweed extract, soybean extract, glycosyl trehalose, gingko extract, peach leaf extract,
hydrolyzed silk, European white birch bark extract, multiflora rosehip extract

Concealer
Flawless ♥ Coverage as good as a concealer!? But it still gives a sheer, natural look♥
● The superb coverage hides all skin imperfections, such as dullness, blemishes and acne scars! 


Sunscreen
● High-protection SPF50 PA+++ sunscreen provides thorough protection from ultraviolet rays for your skin in all seasons!


Make-up base and foundation
Spread thinly to act as a make-up base ♥ Apply a thicker layer to act as a foundation!
● Spread thinly to serve instead of a make-up base with sunscreen! You can also layer your usual foundation over the top ♥
● Massage in thoroughly or pat in for a foundation with a semi-matte finish!
● Formulation that's kind to skin: paraben-free, alcohol-free, mineral oil-free, tar-based pigment-free, fragrance-free.

 


In short, Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream acts as : Skin Care as well as makeup base and foundation, also protecting our skin from UV rays. 

Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream is packaged with pinkish transparent outer box, the patterned tube inside makes the packaging stands out. I personally think the packaging looks cute compared to most BB Creams in the market.







When you open the box, you get a pretty pink tube decorated with somewhat-Victorian, princessy pattern, which I think looks pretty decent. The tube is squeeze type with a twist cap at the end. I was surprised that the tube is actually quite small, I didn't notice that this BB Cream is only 30gr lol. 



 


The tube also comes with a nozzle, I like that the nozzle hole is not too big so you can control how much product is dispensed. 




Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream comes in 2 shades,[01] Light and [02] Natural, my pick is [02]  because [01]  is too light for me, it's definitely for someone with pale skin. [02] has yellow undertone that matches my skin perfectly. I wish there's a foundation with a shade like this!! I haven't found a foundation that fits my skintone perfectly like this BB Cream does!

Unlike Korean BB cream that has greyish/pinkish undertone that makes my face looks ashy and different from my neck as if I'm wearing a mask, this one is just perfect. The yellow undertone isn't too overwhelming though, so it doesn't make me look sick, instead it makes my skin looking radiant. With this amount of yellow undertone,  I believe this shade would fit most of Asian with medium-light skintone. 



The BB Cream texture is quite thick, not the hardest one to blend though, actually I find it quite easy to work with. I usually use my fingers for more natural finish, sometimes I use brush too (I use Sigma F80) but I prefer using my fingers for this. Because the shade matches my skin perfectly, I feel like the BB Cream just melt into my skin, leaving my skin looking bright and radiant. I love it!


This BB Cream offers a satin finish. Not dewy, not yet matte, just somewhere in between.  It has a subtle sheen to it, so if you prefer a complete matte look you can add powder to tone down the shine. 


Another impressive thing about this BB Cream is the coverage. I didn't expect the coverage to be this full. Despite being a BB Cream, the coverage can match one of a foundation. I usually use two layers of BB Cream and set it with pressed powder. I never go more than two layers because it would look cakey when used too much.



Last week I got chicken pox (yeah that sucks!!) and here I am still recovering, with chicken pox spots and scars all over my face. My skin condition is pretty bad beacuse of the chicken pox scars and constant usage of Acyclovir makes my skin peeling and flaky like crazy. I've been staying at home for a whole week, I need to go out. And I need to cover these ugly spots and scars before going out. 



 

I'm impressed that it can cover my scars very well! Now I look pretty flawless right? I was afraid people would move away from me if they see my bare face lol. But as you can see, I only use two layers of BB Cream, and all my scars are pretty much gone but still looking very natural! I swear I didn't edit the skin, the BB cream does all the job!






See how all redness and spots on my chin gone? This is crazy right? Plus, notice there's no greyish/ashy tone on me. Major love!!






No foundations or BB Cream would look good on dry, flaky skin. This one too, settles into the dry patches of my skin, making them look even more obvious. So before using it, I suggest you to exfoliate and moisturize your skin first.

 

Anyway, did I mention that this BB Cream has SPF 50?? And the skincare properties actually work?
Yes baby, it has superior sun protection and don't forget about the 21 beauty ingredients contained inside. I might sound biased but I feel that the skincare properties inside the BB Cream really work in repairing my skin texture. After the continuous usage I felt that my skin texture is improving, my skin feels plumper and smoother.  I didn't take care of my skin as much as I did back then but my skin condition is still well-maintained. It all happened before the chicken pox tragedy, of course. I felt quite confident with my skin even only with a single layer of BB Cream, like picture below





One downside though, the oil control doesn't help much on oily skin. I don't know how the oil control performs on other skin type but on me, my face is soaking wet after 2 hours. I don't expect much though, in fact I never expect much on a product's oil control because basically everything won't last long on my super oily face so I give up. Because I never expect anything from the start, this one doesn't disappoint me lol.


 PROS

+ Medium to full coverage, but still looking very natural

+ Has yellow undertone that will match most of Asian skin

+ No greyish/ashy undertones

+ Doesn't oxidize

+ Cute packaging

+ Contains skincare properties

+ Contains high SPF

+ Paraben, fragrance, mineral-oil free


CONS


- Poor oil control

- A little expensive for 30gr of BB Cream

- Settles into dry patches





 RATING


4.5/5



Repurchase?



YES!



 
I freakin love this BB Cream. After a long search for a perfect one, finally I found it, the one that I can call 'Holy Grail' . Ahh~ Amazing coverage, excellent sun protection, amazing skincare properties,  what's not to love?


I bought it for IDR 178k at Guardian MKG. I know it's a little expensive for a drugstore BB Cream (but in Japan it's only 800 yen ^^;) but the quality surpass the price I think. I'm gonna keep using this for a long time until I find the better replacement. Yay!

I seriously can't get enough of Canmake products! I have the Eyebrow Powder & Cream Cheek and they're seriously good! I can't wait to share it with you! I'm planning to get more Canmake products in the future, now I'm eyeing for their Candy Wrap Lip Gloss & Creamy Touch Rouge Lipstick . If you're planning to go to Japan, be sure to stock up some because Canmake is a lot cheaper there! 




So, where to get Canmake in Indonesia?






Have you tried Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream? If you haven't, you should give it a try! 


Thanks for reading, see you on my next post.


Bye!


 

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. perfect ya nutupin noda...sayang d bandung blm ada...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canmake bisa dibeli online di nihonmart.com ^_^

      Delete
  2. Wah coveragenya cukup bagus yaa... kemaren2 uda sempet liat2 canmake ini tapi masih ragu-ragu nyoba face productnya secara harganya lumayan mahal ._.

    Thanks for review ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iya coverage nya bagus bangett.. pertama aku beli jg ragu soalnya ga pernah nyoba face productnya Canmake.. jd gambling gitu. Ternyata malah bagus bgt..

      Sama2.. thanks for reading :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Anonymous with hateful comments & spams will be deleted

Instagram